Thursday, March 15, 2007

Enjoying The Team.

Just last night I had a few rounds of drinks with my team.

Nothing very special about that, except that it's the very first time I ever set foot into a bar, club or pub. More special yet is the fact that I'm enjoying this experience with the passionate people I work with and that we are a wildly diverse group of talents.

The best thing of all is that while enjoying this occassion, I'm not alone.

Here's the thing:

I can choose anytime to patron any popular venue and get myself immersed in a big crowd feeling good about myself in the midst of pretense. At the same time, I would have been the loneliest person on the planet.

I discovered more about my fellow colleagues after having dropped my judgement of them and teared off my mask which I usually hid myself behind. After giving myself the permission to let them into my life, I gain so much more without feeling burdened in any way.

And here's more lessons I have derived from the process:

My ego have prevented me from enjoying and appreciating my team and all the people around me. When I spend time being present to other people, I spend time knowing more about myself. Just by stopping myself from trying to be a hero and being a good advisor to all their problems, I allow myself to benefit from the process naturally and with ease. Also, by being true to myself and sensitive to my team-mates, I become more grateful for who they are and how they become part of my life.

They bring the very best out of every person in the group.
That's what a team stands for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home