Monday, June 18, 2007

10K in 30 Days Challenge.

I met him at an internet marketing conference one particular day. We got off to a rocky start, (I'm to blame for this) but things quickly turned out well. We were friends and possibly even future JV partners. I never thought it would have come to this.....

Peer made a challenge to earn 10K in 30 days online. And I'm his opponent.

Just like "Survivor" except that no one gets voted out. It's a head-to-head combat.
It's more like "The Amazing Race" and we can be anywhere in the world.
The prize? 10K USD.

...And he had a headstart.

I believe this game of ours has all the right elements in it. A direction, motivation and healthy competition. After all, what is a big goal if you have no strong opponent to play against? Well, in this case, I don't have Peer to play against with. I have myself. I'm my real opponent here and I recognize that.

It's about going all out to winning the prize. There's no excuses here. And for once, all the obstacles, fear and mental challenges in me just melted. I'm not afraid, or tired anymore. I'm going to use my full creativity and take as much action as I can to make this happen. There's no excuse. And there's no better time to do this.

That's right, I'm going to challenge myself to make 10K (and we are talking USD in Net Profit here) through my online ventures. Now, please, understand that I have never done anything close to this before. I have never been profitable online up till now. All I have, is lots of theoretical knowledge accumulated that could have made me positively different than what I am today, if I had translated it into action and results. I have no regrets with my current position, but I know that I could have achieved more.

"I could have been...."
"I could have done...."
"I could have saved myself from...."

It sounds all too familiar. But there's no excuses at this point. And there's no better time than now.

If I fall sick, I'll recuperate quickly to compete again.
If life interrupts me once more, I'll commit to it quickly and get back into the game.
If there's no electricity, I'll write my salescopy on paper under a flashlight.
If my computer's dead, I'll borrow another and start from scratch.
If another earthquake erupts and the internet is down. By golly, I'll get a satelite connection !

So here's the deal. There's only 1 out of 2 outcome here. The first option, I make USD10K in Net Profit with the money to show in the bank, morally and ethically, with everything I have at my disposal in 30 days starting from now until the 17th of July. Peer will have to buy me a cup of "teh" to admit defeat if I win. I will do this without neglecting my personal responsibilities, ruining my health or hurting anyone else emotionally or physically.

The second option, I don't even want to talk about it. Seriously, it's not an option. It's too humiliating to even think about.

I'm off ! Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peer said...

Hi friend,

Going through your blogs for the first time I have a major question: Did you didn't post on purpose because you're so busy making 10K or did you just leave hanging?
Sharing your challenge with others is a crucial part to survive this trip with the right mental power. Each comment from others push you where you was just about to slow down.
Wish we could work in a team to push each other to achieve our cup of teh together.
What's your strategy for July?
Cheers, Peer :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Student Entrepreneur said...

Hi Peer,

I actually wrote a few post but it wasn't perfect so I kept them as drafts.

I'm doing well with the eBay projects and actually got some great feedback from an expert on how to improve. He didn't hold back. And I'm grateful that he gave me some truths to work with.

And today, I had a pleasant surprise when I saw a cheque from Google in my mailbox.

Hence, my next strategy is to continue to improve on the eBay system which I'm building and continue to blog and share quality insights and monetize off Adsense.

Have an optimal day, mate.
- TY

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home